Are you looking for ways to keep your teeth clean and healthy? There are a few things you can do at home to ensure your pearly whites stay shining. Check out our top 20 tips and tricks to clean your teeth and keep them looking great!
1. Brushing – This one is a no-brainer. You should be brushing your teeth at least twice a day, and preferably after every meal. Use a soft-bristled toothbrush and gentle circular motions to clean all surfaces of your teeth. Don’t forget to brush your tongue too!
2. Flossing – Flossing is just as important as brushing, and many people forget to do it. Be sure to floss at least once a day, using gentle back and forth motions.
3. Mouthwash – Mouthwash is a great way to kill bacteria and freshen your breath. Use mouthwash after brushing and flossing for best results.
4. Avoid sugary drinks – Drinking water is the best way to keep your teeth healthy, but if you must have something else, avoid sugary drinks like soda and juice. These can cause cavities.
5. Avoid tobacco – Tobacco use is one of the leading causes of tooth decay and gum disease. If you smoke or chew tobacco, quitting is the best thing you can do for your oral health.
6. Eat healthy foods – Eating a balanced diet is good for your overall health, and it can help keep your teeth and gums healthy too. Avoid sugary and acidic foods, which can damage tooth enamel.
7. Visit the dentist regularly – Even if you take good care of your teeth at home, it’s important to visit the dentist regularly for checkups and cleanings. Your dentist can spot problems early and help you keep your smile healthy.
8. Wear a mouthguard – If you play sports, it’s important to wear a mouthguard to protect your teeth from injury. Mouthguards are also worn to reduce snoring and grinding of the teeth.
9. Get sealants – Sealants are a type of plastic coating that is applied to the chewing surfaces of the back teeth. They can protect your teeth from cavities and make them easier to clean.
10. Use fluoride – Fluoride helps to prevent cavities and strengthens tooth enamel. It is found in many toothpastes and mouthwashes, and is also added to some water supplies.
11. Avoid teeth staining foods and drinks – Coffee, tea, and red wine can all stain your teeth. If you can’t give them up, try using a straw to drink them, and brush your teeth soon afterwards.
12. Have your teeth professionally whitened – If you’re looking for a quick way to improve your smile, professional teeth whitening is a great option.
13. Consider veneers – Veneers are thin pieces of porcelain that are bonded to the front surfaces of the teeth. They can be used to improve the appearance of your teeth, and they can also help to protect them from damage.
14. Get dental implants – Dental implants are an option for people who have missing teeth. They are titanium posts that are surgically placed in the jawbone, and artificial teeth are then attached to them.